The users who are using a Hp printer and while using the printer, they encounter paper feed issue, then for all of them. Here we have discussed some Hp printer troubleshooting steps to fix How to Get the Hp 1020 Printer to Print If the Paper Won’t Feed?. Thus, scroll down and carefully read the whole information provided here below, we hope that the details and the info penned here would be helpful for all of you. The users can also avail Hp printer help from the team of Hp.
If you are using a Hp printer, and due to some reason, it stops performing the task, and hence you want to bring your printer back to its normal position, then you are at the right place, because here for all of you, we have penned some Hp printer troubleshooting steps to solve the printer error. Hence follow the steps penned here or take Hp printer help for a better result. The issue may arise due to some software problem, or maybe there is some issue with the hardware of the Hp printer. If any user wishes to get the issue resolved from the professionals, then they can ask for Hp printer help from the experts of Hp.
Steps to get the HP 1020 Printer to Print If the Paper Won’t Feed
For all printer users, we have here mentioned the simple and the easy way to get rid of the Hp printer error, hence carefully collect the necessary details penned here below and apply as discussed here and resolve How to Get the Hp 1020 Printer to Print If the Paper Won’t Feed?. If you are looking for expert assistance, then take Hp printer help from the professionals of Hp printer service.
Manual Feed Mode
- First of all, you begin the procedure, make sure that the manual feed mood is OFF.
- Check that the green power is lit, if not, then press the power turn to turn the printer ON.
- Now click on the window start button and from there, type control panel and click on the control panel.
- After this, click on the “Hardware and Sound” option and then click on “Printer.”
- Now right click on the printer and select the properties option.
- Select the paper quality tab and from there select Automatic or the appropriate tray from the “Source is:” drop-down list.
- Now to accept the setting click on the Apply option, and to close out the properties click on the OK button.
- The users are suggested to check for the proper adjustment of the paper guides on the input tray if the HP 1020 does not pull the paper.
- If the paper guides are too tight then, the paper might be held in the tray and unable to feed into the printer.
- Now remove all sheets of paper from the input tray and keep them under a fan.
- To align the edges, tap the of the printer stack on a flat surface.
- Now be careful that the paper guides are pressed firmly against the paper stack’s edges by firmly pushing them inward.
Pickup Roller Removal
- It is essential that the pickup roller should get cleaned, because of the dirt or grime build-up on the pickup roller would be unable to pull the paper.
- Now press the power button and disconnect the power cord from its rear side.
- After this, wait for a few minutes to let the printer cool down, now open the door of the print cartridge and remove the Hp printer cartridge.
- Now release the small white tabs flanking the pickup roller.
- After this, rotate the roller towards the front of the printer and then gently pull it up and then take out.
Pickup Roller Cleaning and Reinstallation
- To perform this task, the user requires a lint-free cloth and isopropyl alcohol.
- Now gently dab the cloth in alcohol and then scrub the roller, then wipe it to remove the loosened dirt.
- Before reinstalling, wait for the roller to get dry completely.
- When doing so, make sure that it snaps in the place.
- After reinstalling the pickup roller, reinstall the Hp printer cartridge and close the cartridge door.
- Now reconnect the printer and then press the power button and try printing again.
We hope that after trying these Hp printer troubleshooting steps, it would be easy for all of you to get rid of the problem but in case, you didn’t find the steps accurate, then take Hp printer help from the technical team of Hp printer service. Please do share this with the users of Hp who are also looking for the solution to get rid of How to Get the HP 1020 Printer to Print If the Paper Won’t Feed?.